Following the fad diets of my mom and her friends did not work for me.
T.O.P.S. was a weight loss club that my mom and I attended many years ago. The acronym stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly. The idea was to eat sensible meals by choosing the right foods and eating them in the right portions. We were not to use diet pills, special foods or special plans.
But, even with the support of those around us, the program and dieting didn’t work for me. Matter of fact, those diets really sent my metabolism into a tail spin. Have you ever found yourself in this predicament?
After years of searching, trying different ways to manage and lose weight, I finally found a simple system that is working for me. I am losing weight and you can, too!
- regular 7 to 8 hours of deep, restful sleep
- consistently drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day
- eliminate all soda and sugared drinks (yes, this includes cappuccino, sorry)
- make a grocery list including FRESH fruits, veggies and meats
- eliminate pre-packaged, processed meals, these are full of sodium, sugar and carbs
- partner up with a friend or family member for support
- move it, get up and walk, swim, play with the dog
- take a good vitamin supplement
Each of us will take this information and do something totally different with it.
In order to show you that it does work, I will share my plan with you.
By taking these tips and acting on them I am losing weight living the lifestyle that I want to. Your lifestyle may be totally different than mine, that’s okay. You can take these tips and adjust them to you
It wasn’t easy to do, but after deciding to manage my weight instead of dieting, I had to adjust a few things in my daily life.
Sleep is an area I struggle with. Being a work-a-holic isn’t something I’m proud of, but it is a fact. Working on getting the proper sleep is one part of the plan I work on daily.
When shopping I make a list and stick to it. By eating a piece of fruit and drinking a glass of water before leaving the house I don’t crave everything that looks good on the shelves. Being able to stick to the list, staying focused on why I am shopping is easier. Not buying out the store with calorie laden emptiness is a thing of the past!